This weekend, as previously mentioned, Sonny, Lara, Will and I drove up to Georgia to catch a stage of the Tour de Georgia and to pick up a boat. It was a nice, relaxing weekend that consisted of:
- driving (snellville, ga)
- reading books & magazines (PHP Solutions, Dwell, Men's Health U.K. edition)
- listening to music & audiobooks (lots of metal, Thin Lizzy, some rap, The Old Man & The Sea, The Areas of my Expertise)
- eating delicious Southern treats (Waffle House, Whitt's BBQ, etc.)
- driving around lost looking for Sonny & Chris's new boat. Finding said boat only to realize the hitch ball and trailer hitch were incompatible sizes. Driving two towns back to switch ball out. Driving back to the boat and then finally pulling it across a narrow, ancient looking wooden bridge. (watkinsville, ga)
- Drinking Tecate, making signs, chalking slogans to root for our favorite riders and shouting at them like crazy as they passed.* (centerville, ga)
- Frantically collecting items for aformentioned merriment and then driving crazy Jack Bauer style with cellphone updates and gmaps to get to the podium ceremony. (props to Will on the awesome navigation)
- Watching Brajkovic put on the Yellow Jersey as the GC leader.** (stone mountain)
- Passing out to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on tv.
- Driving home.
*side note: As we screamed and yelled at the passing race the Discovery team car took special note of us and honked and waved as they drove by. Later on we figured out the driver of said car was Directeur Sportif Johan Brunyeel and his passenger was the great ride Vladislav Ekimov. So awesome!!
**He went on to win the tour the next day. Keep your eye on this kid, he's gonna be a major contendor in the next few years.